The Mission and Objectives of APOB
All auditors are subject to public oversight.
The public oversight over audit profession is the responsibility of the Audit Public Oversight Body of Ukraine.
The mission of the Audit Public Oversight Body of Ukraine is to ensure a high level of confidence of owners, investors, and other users of information disclosed in the financial statements as a reliable basis for decision making.
The Audit Public Oversight Body of Ukraine performs supervision and is responsible for overseeing the following areas:
1) registration of auditors and audit legal entities;
2) implementation of international auditing standards;
3) control over certification of auditors and continuous training of auditors who carry out statutory audits of financial statements;
4) control over the quality of statutory audits of financial statements;
5) disciplinary charges against auditors performing statutory audits of financial statements;
6) application of penalties.